Saturday, April 19, 2008

From Ask and it is Given: Abraham and Esther Hicks

All-That-Is Is Benefiting from My Existence. No matter what has caused your unique point of view to come about - it has come about. YOU do exist; you are thinking; you are perceiving; you are asking - and you are being answered. And All-That-Is is benefiting from your existence and from your point of view.
~Abraham/Esther Hicks

I came across this awesome affirmation thropugh an internet friend, Linda Miller in Adland and it really captured my imagination. So much so, I thought I'd share it with you.

If I exist, if I am thinking, if I am perceiving, if am asking and I am being answered ... and I don't like what I'm getting then I really have to stop and think ... just what am I asking for?

And the next question would be ... So just what do I really want?

When I get stuck in my stuff, which most people do on occasions, because let's face it, it's not about having stuck our stuff come up that's the challenge, it's how long we allow ourselves to stay stuck in our stuff.

In actual fact having our stuff come up is a good thing and cause for celebration because it allows us to look at the beliefs underlying it, see if it still fits and release it if it's not.

And it's that simple, when we pause and recognize it for what it really is: the Universe allowing us the opportunity to revise our beliefs or our rule book. Simple but sometimes not all that easy: pause, check out the fit, keep or discard and move on.

In the realm of Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP) there is a process called 'Pattern Interupts' which are questions designed to 'interrupt' a behaviour or a pattern.

These questions can be used to focus your mind on what you really want. Question such as:

  • So what do I really want?
  • Yeah, but what if I could have it all?
  • Yeah, but what if it did work?

The next time you find yourself in a position where you're presented with the idea that it's not possible to have something or you've 'received' something you would rather not have ... ask one of these questions and see how quickly you get your answer.

What I've found is ... the quicker and more often I ask myself the questions the quicker the answers come and the better the questions the better the answers.

Can think of any questions to add to the list?

Love life and live it creatively,

Leanne


If you’re looking to feel great about yourself and your life check out our fabulous audios at www.yoursuccessfulmind.com/feelinggreat.html MindRight Programming Tools to put you back in the driver’s seat of your life!

No comments: