Sunday, October 26, 2008

The Spark Plug

by Dr. Robert Anthony
www.ManifestingSecrets.com

How is your car running these days? Have you perhaps had occasion to change spark plugs lately?

If you have, you'll know that it's a very simple job. You drive into the garage and the mechanic opens up the hood of the car, looks underneath, takes off one electric wire, puts in a wrench and takes out a spark plug, puts a new one in, puts the electric lead back on and within five minutes you can be on your way. It's a very simple thing to change spark plugs, isn't it?

But supposing you walked into a garage and asked them to change a spark plug and the mechanic came out and immediately started to take off the right-front wheel.

You would probably think that he was slightly insane, wouldn't you, and you would protest vigorously that you didn't want the wheels changed, all you wanted was a new spark plug.

Well, the other day I had a friend come to see me. He has a new sports car and he explained to me that to change the spark plugs on one side of the car, it was necessary to take off the right-front wheel! This is absolutely true.

Can you imagine the reaction of the owner the first time he drives into a garage and asks for new spark plugs? Out comes somebody and takes off the right-front wheel. He'd probably protest vigorously, as I said. Yet, my friend assured me that it was but a two-minute job to take off the right front wheel and once that was off, the spark plugs were very, very accessible and simple to remove.

Now there's a lesson this for all of us. We look at things in our lives and we see activities going on, like the taking off of a front wheel, and we wonder how on earth our lives work in this way. We're looking for the solution to a problem and a solution begins to come in some form, which is totally incomprehensible to us. We expect our good to come to us in one way. We expect the solution to come into our lives in one very obvious way, like lifting up the hood and taking out the spark plug, but the solution begins somewhere entirely different.

We may be looking for the solution of a family problem when the real need is a change in jobs. We may be looking for a change in health when in Truth; the real need is a change in our own activities and our own thinking.

The whole point to the story of the sparkplugs and the front wheel is this: that we should not attempt to judge the way in which our problems are solved, or the way in which good comes into our lives.

The total universe is a vast and complex organization. We can never understand the ramifications of Creative intelligence in our universe and, therefore, in our own lives. What we could do is say, "Fine, I accept that Life totally support me, and I accept that there is good in my life, and whichever direction it may come from, I'll accept it, know that it is good and wait for the final outcome of good."

Here then, my friend, encapsulated, is a great and vital Truth:

DON'T EXPECT YOUR PROBLEMS TO BE SOLVED IN THE WAY THAT YOU SELECT.

There may be a better way if you will put your preconceived ideas aside and open yourself to the inspiration of Creative Intelligence. It may mean taking off the front wheel of your life to get a defective spark lug by the results will be better than you can possibly imagine. Trust your inner guidance and allow the solution to come from any direction and your problems will be solved easily and effortlessly.

. . . . . . . .

This article is from the e-book "50 Ideas That Can Change Your Life" from Dr. Robert Anthony. Score "The Secret of Deliberate Creation Sampler" for 95% off the regular price ... here: ManifestingSecrets.com

2 comments:

pockadola said...

Hi Leanne,

I think it is important to focus on one thing at a time, and if the solution for the issue at hand is not resolved, accept it for what it is, change your approach and focus on something else that would lead towards how you want things to be, and how you want to make things work for you. I think the difficult thing for most people is the acceptance. For instance, after my court proceedings against my teachers at Monash University, I will accept the outcome and then move on to resume my studies at another University. I can at least say to myself, I gave it ago right.

Keeyong, Melbourne, Vic

Leanne Watson said...

That sounds like a great plan to me Keeyong.

I wish you all the best with it.

Warm regards,
Leanne