Thursday, February 21, 2008

The Other Side of the Rainbow

If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain.
~ Dolly Parton
Isn't this true. Steven Jobs put it really well in his commencement speech didn't he? Some of the best things in his life happened to him out of what could have been seen as the worst points in his life.
I'm sure if you reflect back over your life some of the major turning points would have come at times when things hadn't gone quite the way you'd planned them. I know that's how it's been for me.
I can remember as I was growing up one of the sayings which got right up my nose so to speak was the one 'Time heals.' When you're a teenager and life has gone belly up the last thing you want to hear is 'Time heals.' When you're in the midst of a personal crisis you know darn well time is never going to heal you're wounds!
One of the more charming things that you really do appreciate as you grow older is the recognition of the truth of this most used (and formerly unwanted) statement. And now I've learnt it so well that I now find I'm telling myself, 'It's okay Leanne, remember, time heals. This too shall pass.'
The other thing I find myself doing is looking for the good that can come out of something that doesn't feel so wonderful.
When I get to focusing on the 'yuk' I've now put together a growing list of MindRight statements to turn myself around. And the great thing about it is the more I use them the better they work.
I'd really love to know, what sort of things do you do to turn your focus around when the going gets tough?
Love life and live it creatively,
Leanne

If you’re looking to feel great about yourself and your life check out our fabulous audios at www.yoursuccessfulmind.com/feelinggreat.html MindRight Programming Tools to put you back in the driver’s seat of your life!

No comments: