Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Finding my Way

Last week I spent in Sydney (Australia) crewing a Christopher Howard Event (Presentation and Platform Skills Training) and it was awesome. Long days, well over 300 people if you add together the participants and crew from all parts of Australia and the US and an enormous amount of information.

I love crewing these events, the opportunity to support others in their learning, share my skills and add to them and then of course there's the after party. A bunch of friends and strangers who've become good friends over an intense week.

On my way to a friends house for the night before driving home to Melbourne the next day I had one of those invaluable learning lessons I thought I'd share with you.

I was approaching her work where we'd arranged to meet from a slightly different direction which would have been fine if I'd remembered my map. I was reasonably confident so I decided to take a shortcut. Probably not a good idea considering how little sleep I'd had.

There were landmarks that looked reasonably familiar however somehow or other I kept going past the same landmarks over and over again and nothing looked very familiar. All I could find was the Shopping Center which the last time I was there I had trouble finding.

I'm not sure if you can relate to this or not but I was so tired, there was so much traffic and all I wanted to do was sleep. I was so frustrated. I was making the same mistake over and over again. I allowed myself to get really frazzled and thought "I can't do this by myself!" So I rang my friend.
She didn't answer! OH MY GOD! What was I going to do?

I thought, "I'm going to have to do this by myself." I took a deep breath, settled myself down, re-focussed my intention, reminded myself how clever I am with directions and had another go. And lo and behold there it was, the very turnoff I needed. I'd driven past it and not even seen it. It had been there in plain view the whole time.
I found it hard to believe I'd missed it. Everything fell into place and I was at my friends work in about 5 minutes. I had done it with time to have a sleep. It was so easy.

Have you ever done that to yourself before? Worked yourself into a lather and missed the turnoff so to speak? The next time you're feeling a little (or a lot) lost I hope you'll think back to this event in my life and take the time to remind yourself how much you know, take a deep breath, re-focus, set your intention and tap into The Secrets of Your Successful Mind

If you’re looking to feel great about yourself and your life check out our fabulous audios at www.yoursuccessfulmind.com/products MindRight Programming Tools to put you back in the driver’s seat of your life!

No comments: